HOG Round Up 02-16-19
10:00 – Call to Order/Pledge
*Website – https://missoulachapterhog.com
Website is up running. Best place to check for upcoming events! It is a work in progress.
*HD Riding Academy – Training is 50% off until March 3rd or 10K Riders signed up. Get signed up now!! Building BRC-2 class, more to come
Safety Officers – Ken Hughes, Vince Gavin
List of Safety “Words”
- Situational Awareness
- Defensive/Offensive Driving
- Mental and Physical Preparation
- How to Pick Up a Motorcycle – request to have training
- Self Assessment
- Ride your own Ride – don’t ride beyond your skills
- Group Riding – practice
- Risk Offset
- Passenger Training – practice
- Reintroduce yourself to your bike in the Spring
- Strategy for Safety
- TUR – Totally Unnecessary Rushing!!
- How to Ride on Gravel – How to Ride in the Rain – Gotta DO IT!
- Membership Drive – 60+ signed up that day
- Ride Planning – calendar being finalized, will be posted and updated on the Website
- HOG Feed – El’Cazador – Good times!! Join us next time!
- Repeating events:
- HOG Feeds – Usually the 2nd Thursday of the Month. Meet at the Dealership by 5:30PM (exceptions will be posted on the website)
- RoundUp – the 3rd Saturday of the Month – 10AM
- Dogs, Cats and Bears, Oh My!! – Feb. 23rd, meet at Caras Park 3PM for the Winter Brew Fest, then on to the Adams Center for the men’s Griz/Cat basketball game at 7PM.
- St. Patty’s Day Breakfast and RoundUp – March 16th 0900. Meet at the Dealership, enjoy breakfast and a quick RoundUp, then those interested can ride together for the Parade. “Green” is encouraged!
- LOH Bunco Party – March 30th – at Denise’s. More info to come, if you are interested, notify Susan Thompson (LOH Officer)
- Road Captain Training – April 13th – 10AM. All current Road Captains BE THERE! Anyone interested in becoming a Road Captain, please attend.
- New Rider Orientation – (we didn’t actually talk about this, but I’m adding it) We will do this, possibly after the Road Captain Training. This is for any new HOG members or anyone that would just like a refresher on Group Riding and Safety. Final details will be posted soon on the website.
- A Ride to Remember – June 1st –Memorial Poker Run. All funds go to The Patriot Ride this year. If we raise $1000, all proceeds will go to a local family. We need volunteers. Please talk to your Director or Ass’t Directors if you would like to assist.
- Calendar to be Posted soon on Website – For additional planned events, go to the Website for the most up-to-date information.
Overnight Events for the Summer –Get these on your calendars! (Details to be posted soon)
- June 8-9 – To Salmon, ID or Orofino, ID (weather dependent)
- July 4-7 – Calgary Stampede – Sign up and info available at Dealership in Motor clothes. Rooms are blocked through March 30, so get in soon. Jo Bird is the Lead Person on this event.
- August 3-4 – Sandpoint, ID
- August 13-16 – Run to The Sun (National HOG rally) More details to come
- August 23-25 – “Little Belts and Caves” – Through the Little Belt Mountains and over to the Lewis and Clark Caverns.
- September 14-15 – Chew-Choo Ride in Lewistown, MT (LOH Sponsored – all invited!)
Couple other events outside HOG to note:
- May 11th – Memorial Ride for CMA rider, Steve Clairemont, to St. Ignatius. All interested, plan to meet at HD to ride together. See Richard Jones for more info.
- This is the last year for the “Rolling Thunder Rally”. Takes place over Memorial Day Weekend, in Washington DC, for those interested.
We have numerous other Day Rides and Activities planned for 2019. These will all be available to see on the Website soon. Some are already there. We will include maps for rides listed. For the overnight rides, there will be a Point Person that plans these events and they will be updating information for rooms, ride planning, etc. We just wanted you all to have a chance to get these on your calendars, so you could start planning your summer of riding!!
Hope to see you ALL out there soon! Spring is on the way!!!
Mady Crouch, HOG Secretary